Sunday 7 August 2011

The Downside of Reality...

Just a quick post for all you beautiful mo fos out there to let you know I'm still alive.

Well, it's been about six weeks since I last regaled you with stories of jiu jitsu passion and prowess, but unfortunately my alternate identity has taken precedence over my Fat Flamingo alter ego. I've been working extraordinarily long hours (leaving the house at 5am and not getting home until 8pm), so not only has this blog suffered, but my training has been non-existent and my health has deteriorated, ie. I'm a fat fucker (no news there).



Also, I've been trying to convince the local university to accept me for a degree course (I know, they'd be mad to deny me admittance), so I've been using any little spare time I've had to swot up on my maths for an informal test, just so they might ascertain how dumb this young upstart actually is. Turns out, I'm less dumb than we all thought.

So now that the sob story and excuses are out of the way, I have EIGHT WEEKS to lose TEN KILOS (I fight at 82.3kg/middleweight) and get passably skilled at BJJ again, all in time for the South East BJJ Open in Rayleigh, Essex on 2nd October. And my main motivation is that I'm competing in aid of Cancer Research UK through my own little charity Clinton Combats Cancer For Cash, where donations can be made though my Just Giving page. All money donated is perfectly safe, can be paid through PayPal and goes entirely to charity.

But what do you get out of this little transaction? Well, besides doing something AWESOME that will help progress cancer research, you'll also get to see me fight in a hot pink gi and matching pink mohawk. And you can quite possibly relish in the satisfaction of watching me get my arse handed to be by more accomplished and talented jiu jitsu practitioners. Or I might surprise everyone and do pretty well. Well, stranger things have happened...

Anyway, until next time, biatches

Fat Flamingo

No comments:

Post a Comment